History of MKU

1956
Foundation of „Mineralöl Klapp Urberach“ by Mr. Ernst Klapp sen. in the municipality of Urberach

1956
First production of industrial lubricants

1965
Renaming into “Mineralöl KG Urberach”

1972
Completion of a production plant for mineral oil-containing and mineral oil-free qualities in the industrial area of Urberach

1985
Building of a production unit for additives

1994
Splitting-up into “Ernst Klapp Verwaltungs KG” as holding company and MKU-Chemie GmbH as operating company

1995
Foundation of MKU-Chemie CZ in Brno (Czech Republic)

1996
Foundation of MKU-Chimie France S.à.r.l. in Lampertheim (France)

1998
Re-naming into „Ernst Klapp Verwaltungs GmbH & Co. KG“ and Foundation of „Ernst Klapp GmbH“ as General Partner company

2000
Building of a storehouse with  a mobile heavy duty pallet rack and a further tank storage facility in Rödermark-Urberach

History of MKU

2003
Conclusion of cooperation with a trading partner in Italy

2005
Opening of a branch office in China

2006
Completion of a new office building in Rödermark-Urberach

2007
Foundation of MKU-Chemie China

2008
Foundation of MKU-Chemie Italy

MKU Chemie Gruppe